Are you suffering from acute sinus problems? Do you have a sinus infection? We understand sinus is not just annoying but significantly impacts the quality of life.
Study reveals that patients suffering from chronic sinus illness actually feel worse than patients with heart disease, COPD, and kidney dialysis. Individuals suffering from sinus problem often struggle to focus at work or enjoy a favourite activity. Every year more than 30 million people are diagnosed with sinusitis, which is a huge number. Chronic sinus challenges are one of the most common problems with people living in an urban society. Perhaps, a sinus centre can offer a multifaceted approach with customized treatment.
How to Treat Sinuses?
Sinus is also known as sinusitis. Chronic sinus infection is caused by allergies, a bacteria or a virus. It occurs when spaces inside the nose and hear is swollen or inflamed for a prolonged time. Antibiotics can be used to treat bacterial infection. However, if the condition goes worse, you may consider consulting ENT specialist for ear, nose, and throat for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
A viral infection is easy to clear up within 10 days using simple home remedies. Here are simple home remedies to treat sinus infection.
- Probiotics: Probiotic supplement is a live bacteria and yeast. Those are good for health, especially for the digestive system to improve gut health. Probiotics help to prevent upper respiratory tract infections.
- Hydration: Keeping your body hydrated will reduce the problem. Every human requires adequate hydration to function properly.
- Sinus irrigation: Also known as sinus flush is a safe and simple remedy. It is a process to remove irritants, relieve inflammation, and reduce swelling. Sinus irrigation clears nasal congestion and irritations.
These treatments will help to prevent upper respiratory tract infections. Now, let’s take a look at Sinus medications.
Which is the Best Sinus Medication?
There are hundreds of effective nasal sprays and medicines to treat sinus. Be aware of allergy medication for children and infants. Decongestants medicine helps to treat allergy symptoms reduce swelling, inflammation, and mucus formation.
How to Treat Allergy?
Allergies can irritate the nasal passage causing swelling. When nasal linings swell they cannot drain properly as result cause infection. Treating allergy is an important part to cure sinus infection. If you do not wish to take allergy medicine then an alternate option is immunotherapy. Immunotherapy is a biologic therapy that boosts the body’s natural defences. Through immunotherapy drugs, the body gradually exposed to a small amount of allergen. As the dosage increases, the immune system develops a tolerance rate.
What are the Surgeries for Sinus Problem?
Do you have a chronic sinus problem that won’t go away? There are three types of the modern nose or sinus surgery options to treat chronic sinusitis. Sometimes the root cause of sinus is deviated or bent septum. Often, nasal passages swell, preventing fluid from draining proper function. Read the different types of nose and sinus surgery to treat sinusitis.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Also known as FESS which is a common surgical procedure which widens the opening to promote proper drainage.
- Balloon Sinuplasty: Sinus surgery with balloon sinuplasty is a modern noninvasive method. It requires no cutting and no removal of bone and tissue. Popularly known as a minimally invasive procedure where a small balloon is inserted in the sinus cavity. It is then inflated and then removed to open the sinus passage to allow drainage.
- Septoplasty: Septoplasty procedure is a surgical procedure to straighten cartilage and bone. The procedure corrects a deviated septum – the part of the nose which divides into the right and left nostrils.
If you experience any of the above signs and symptoms it is always recommended to visit best ENT specialist in India. For more details contact Adventis ENT Specialist.